Warren M. Levin, MD, FAAFP (ret), FACN, FAAEM relocated to Vienna, Virginia from New York City and Wilton, Connecticut.
He is recognized as the “East Coast Dean of Alternative Medicine” — establishing the first alternative and integrative medical practice in New York City (1974).
He received his medical degree from the Jefferson Medical School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Levin has been Board Certified by the following institutions;
- American Board of Family Physicians (ret)
- The American Board of Chelation Therapy
- The American Board of Clinical Metal Toxicology
- The American Board of Environmental Medicine
- The American Board of Advanced Longevity Medicine
- American Board of Environmental Medicine and The American Board of Bariatric Medicine
He is a Fellow of The Academy of Family Practice [ret], a Fellow of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine and a Fellow of The American College of Nutrition, Board of Directors of the NoVA Chapter of the NAA [National Autism Association] – Chairman of Biomedical Education.
The human body is a miraculous machine that is designed to fix itself. No doctor can “fix” it – even the most advanced surgery requires the miracle of healing after the wound is closed. What then is the doctor’s function? It is to find the underlying problem(s) that prevent healing! We must identify:
- Deficiencies – Vitamins, minerals, essential fats and oils and essential carbohydrate molecules are processed out of the American diet.
- Toxicities – Sudden or gradual accumulation of substances interfere with the body’s biochemistry. Infections – Acute or chronic infections are frequent but can be very difficult to identify.
- Allergies – Commonly unrecognized, allergies can cause debilitating symptoms.
- Hormonal (Endocrine) Imbalance – A condition which plays a major role in perpetuating disability.
There are many times when prescription drugs are a haven in the SHORT TERM. Dr. Levin does not say patients should NEVER use drugs, nor that they should ALWAYS avoid American medicine, or stay out of Hospitals/ERs – those can all be life-saving, or in worst-case scenarios, they can provide blessed relief from incurable symptoms. But in our facility, our objective is to foster and support the miracle of healing – it is every patient’s birthright.
Education and Practice
- 1950 Bachelor of Arts Degree, Central High School of Philadelphia
- 1952 Bachelor of Science Ursinus College, Collegeville, PA
- 1956 Doctor of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College of Philadelphia, PA
- 1956 – 1957 Internship: US Naval Hospital, Newport RI
- 1957 Photofluorographic Interpretation Course, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
- 1957 – 1959 Base Radiologist, United States Marine Corps, Camp Lejeune, NC
- 1959 – 1974 Private Family Practice, Staten Island, NY
- 1959 – 1974 Secondary Office, Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY
- 1974 – 1979 Private Practice, Heights Holistic Medical Center, Brooklyn Heights, NY (The first Holistic Center in NYC)
- 1979 – 1994 Medical Director, World Health Medical Group, World Trade Center, New York, NY
- 1994 -1998 Physicians for Complementary Medicine, New York, NY
- 1998 – 2000 Comprehensive Medical Services of NY, New York, NY
- 1998 – 2000 Integrative Medicine of CT — Ridgefield, CT
- 2001 – 2004 Integrative Medicine of CT – Wilton, CT
- 2000 – 2004 Satellite Office for Integrative Medicine of CT – NYC
- 2004 – 2006 Warren M. Levin, MD[H], PLLC – Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ
- 2006 – present Warren M. Levin, MD, PLLC Vienna, VA
- American Medical Association (inactive)
- American Academy of Family Physicians——inactive
- American Academy of Family Practice——Charter Fellow [inactive]
- Phi Delta Epsilon
Kappa Beta Phi
- International Academy of Metabology
- Founding Member and Board of Directors
- International Academy of Preventive Medicine
- Honorary Fellow, American Society of Bariatric Physicians
- Charter Member, Board of Directors, Treasurer of Trustees
- Vice President, International College of Applied Nutrition
- Board of Governors, American College of Nutrition Fellow
- American Academy of Environmental Medicine (Formerly Society for Clinical Ecology) Fellow, Board of Directors
- American Academy of Family Practice Fellow [retired].
- Pan American Allergy Society
- American Holistic Medical Association
- Academy of Orthomolecular Psychiatry
- New York State Coalition Opposed to Fluoridation, Medical Advisory Board
- American College for Studies of Metabolism & Endocrinology
- Medical Association for Research and Treatment of Arthritis
- Executive Medical Board, American Academy of Medical Preventics
- Board of Directors, American Academy of Medical Preventics
- Secretary, American Board of Chelation Therapy
- Certifying Board, International Board of Advanced Longevity Medicine
- Certifying Board, American Academy of Environmental Medicine
- Board of Directors, Defeat Autism Now! (DAN!) Founding Member and participant in Think Tanks
- Lyme Induced Autism Foundation – (LIAF) Participant in first Think Tank & Founding Board Member
SPECIALTY BOARD CERTIFICATIONS
- 1973 American Board of Family Physicians [Recertified: thru 2001 — ret]
- 1973 American Board of Bariatric Medicine
- 1980 American Board of Chelation Therapy [Recertified thru 2005]
- 1990 The American Board of Clinical Metal Toxicology
- 1994 American Board of Environmental Medicine
- 1999 International Board of Advanced Longevity Medicine
- 1959 – 1974 St. Vincent’s Medical Center of Richmond, Staten Island, New York, Assistant Attending in Pediatrics
- 1959 – 1974 Doctor’s Hospital of Staten Island Attending Staff, Family Practice
- 1959 – 1974 Staten Island Hospital Courtesy Staff
- 1959 – closing
- Sunnyside Hospital, Staten Island, NY
- American Medical Symposia—Advisory Board
- Renaissance Revitalization Center—-Advisory Board
- Survive Until A Cure Foundation—-
- Chairman, Medical Advisory Board
- New York
- Connecticut – [inactive]
- Arizona [Homeopathy]
1980 Moderator and Lecturer at The Second International Symposium on Stress, Sponsored by Hans Selye, MD 1995 Awarded the Distinguished Pioneer in Alternative Medicine Award by F.A.I.M. (Foundation for The Advancement for Innovative Medicine) 1996 – 2006 Marquis Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare 2000 – 2006 Marquis Who’s Who in America – Millenium Edition 2000 – 2001 Principal Investigator for FDA Reviewed IRB Approved Clinical Trial on The Use of GH and GHRH in Healthy Aging Subjects 2002
- Consultant to Mehmet C. Oz, MD. Director of Arm of Study being conducted at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY. on Chelation Therapy.
- No Va Chapter of The National Autism Association
- Chairman of Biomedical Education